Job Title: Oracle Data Migration Specialist
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for an Oracle data migration specialist to join our team.
Your primary responsibility will be to project manage the migration of an Oracle 9i2r Database and an Oracle Forms Application from the USA to a new Sydney hosting environment, performing an upgrade of the Database from 9i2r to 10g Oracle in the process. You will be required to develop, test and review technical data migration scripts and lead a team of data migration consultants based in India.
- Conduct requirements gathering and design sessions with all stakeholders.
- Manage data analysis for source system data.
- Oversee the Validation of current data models
- Create conceptual, logical and physical models for Data Warehouse implementations (as needed).
- Manage and help generate DDL from model for RDBMS (Oracle 10g or higher).
- Performance tune SQL using industry standard tuning products.
- Control the design and develop PL/SQL packages.
- Oversee the construction of materialized views and aggregate tables.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Provide oversight to project team members.
- Deliver Project Reports to the Project Sponsor and Board
- Hands on experience indexing, partitioning and data design performance considerations for industry standard DBMS (Oracle 10g and later preferred).
- Understanding of data warehousing design and development best practices.
- Understanding of ETL design and development best practices.
- 6+ years experience as data model specialist/architect for multi-terabyte DW projects (finance industry preferred).
- 6+ years experience in data modelling either logical or dimensional modelling.
- Demonstrated AIX UNIX Experience
- Demonstrated Oracle Forms, Oracle Database, COGNOS, Web Servers and LDAP Experience
- Experience in working with IBM P Series Servers
- Project Management Experience in Oracle Migration
Rate: Up to $2000 per day depending on experience
If you feel you have the skills and expertise to manage a project of this calibre then click the APPLY NOW
button or contact me on:
02 8916 5566